July 06, 2006

Sweat Socks



Yippie, the Red Sweat Socks are ready!

This is the first pair of socks I knitted for myself. Its still very hot here in Holland, so that's why I called them Sweat Socks.
I hope it will be very cold this summer, so I can wear them all the time, because I like them very much.
The yarn is from Opal, I believe. Dpn's size 2,5 mm. My size of foot is 41/42 and there's about 20/30 gram yarn left.



The pattern is very simple: 2k2p rib, also on the top of the foot and a round heel, and I've made a right and a left sock, shaped at my toes.

3 comments:

rho said...

Those turned out fantastic -- congratulations -- I am working on my second sock of my first ever pair also. I am at the gusset now so not too much longer till I have a pair to wear too. I'll sit in my air conditioned bed room if I have to to wear them this summer LOL.

Unknown said...

Very nice socks! They are the kind I would like to wear (my own socks are the kind I give as a present to other people.....)

la glitz said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! I am in awe of your socks - I have never yet summoned up courage to make some myself, and you're inspiring me.